1 medium butternut squash chopped in to 1 inch cubes
100g / 4 oz frozen sweetcorn
½ tbsp sunflower oil
1 medium onion peeled and finely chopped
8 fl oz semi skimmed milk
1 pint / 600ml hot vegetable stock made with Marigold Swiss vegetable bouillon powder
Salt and freshly milled black pepper
1. Heat the oil in large saucepan, then add the onion and soften for about 5 minutes.
2. Add the butternut squash and sweetcorn, stir and season to taste with salt and pepper. Cover and sweat on a low heat for 10 minutes.
3. Pour in the milk and stock and simmer gently for a further 20 minutes.
4. Allow to cool slightly and then blend to a puree leaving a little texture.
5. Serve with toasted wholemeal pittas or warm wholemeal bread.
Back to top