15g/½ oz dried Porcini mushrooms
50g/2oz fresh mushrooms, finely chopped
100g/4oz risotto rice
1 tsp olive oil
½ red onion, finely chopped
½ garlic clove, chopped small
300ml/½ pint vegetable stock
1 dsp grated Parmesan cheese
1 dsp finely chopped fresh parsley
1. Soak the porcini mushrooms in a small bowl of warm water for about 30 minutes, then drain and chop finely.
2. Heat the oil in a saucepan and fry the onion and garlic for 5 minutes. In a separate saucepan heat the stock.
3. Add the porcini mushrooms to the onions, if they stick add a little water. Cook for 2 minutes then add the rice, stir for a further 3 minutes and then add a little stock.
4. Stirring constantly add a ladle of stock. When this one has been absorbed add another. Continue until all the stock is used in this way, and then add the mushrooms.
5. Continue to cook until the mushrooms are cooked and the rice is al dente, the risotto should be moist.
6. Remove from heat, stir in parmesan and parsley and serve immediately.
7. Serve with a salad.