1 medium onion
1 cup of mushrooms
1 drained tin of tuna in spring water or brine
400g tin chopped tomatoes
300ml/½ pint vegetable stock
100g whole wheat pasta
1 tbsp tomato puree
1 clove garlic crushed
2 tsp olive oil
1 tbsp chopped fresh basil or 1 tsp dried basil
Freshly ground black pepper
25g/1 oz grated low fat cheese
1 sliced tomato
1. Finely chop onions and garlic and sauté in heated oil until transparent.
2. Slice mushrooms, add to onions and garlic and cook for a further 2 minutes stirring all the time.
3. Add chopped tomatoes, tomato puree, chopped basil, vegetable stock and season with black pepper.
4. Lower heat and simmer for 20 minutes or until sauce thickens.
5. Add tuna and cook for a further 2 minutes.
6. Cook pasta as per packet instructions.
7. Add cooked pasta, stir in well and transfer mixture in to an oven proof dish.
8. Sprinkle with a little cheese and cook uncovered in a pre heated oven at 200 ºc, gas mark 6 for 20 – 30 minutes until cheese is melted and golden brown.
9. Serve with a salad.