Healthy Chocolate Almond Cookies
These healthy chocolate almond cookies are a delicious chocolaty treat that you can enjoy (almost) guilt free. This recipe makes big, chunky cookies that have a soft texture and a deep brown color which are ideal for serving with coffee or dunking in milk.
These are a real treat and surprisingly quick and easy to make. BUT they are a treat, so although healthier than most deserts, you still need to exercise some restraint and eat in moderation!
Coconut Oil – ¼ cup, melted
Coconut Flour – ¼ cup
Cocoa Powder – 2 tbsp
Almonds – 3 tbsp, finely chopped, extra for sprinkling
Free Range Eggs – 3, whisked
Castor Sugar – 1/3 cup OR Stevia – 3 tbsp
Salt – pinch
1. Preheat the oven to 350f/180c.
2. Stir the cocoa powder into the melted coconut oil to form a smooth paste.
3. Whisk together the eggs, sugar and salt until smooth and then add the cocoa paste to it, mixing well.
4. Slowly sift the coconut flour into the mixture and stir it in. Stir the ingredients together to form a batter of an even consistency, then fold in the nuts, reserving some for sprinkling.
5. Place spoonfuls of the mixture onto a greased baking tray, leaving some space around each cookie for it to expand slightly.
6. Bake for 12-15 minutes and enjoy your healthy chocolate Almond cookies in moderation!!
These are great as they are or, if you’re not worried about the extra calories, then they can be served with some fat free yoghurt, a little low fat Vanilla Ice cream or a low sugar Raspberry sorbet.
They are also really lovely when served warm.
If you’re a new mom wanting to lose your pregnancy weight, go here to learn more – The Baby Belly Fat Loss Plan